Nominate an expert for the Women Make the News – Thailand database below.
There is a striking contrast between the tremendous contributions Thai women make to the country’s society and economy, and their presence in the media. A study conducted in 2014 by Thai PBS found that in one month of Thai television news coverage, only 1 in 4 experts or members of the public interviewed were women.
To address this gender gap, UNESCO Bangkok with the support of the Research Center from Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University (CCDKM), is developing Woman Make the News – THAILAND, an online database of female Thai experts to:
1) help journalists find women voices to feature in the news and
2) promote greater visibility of female Thai experts in the media.
– Experts in our database refer to researchers, specialists, policy-makers but also advocates, community leaders – a wide range of valuable contact resource for the media.
– Experts can be based in or outside of Thailand, can be young or established professionals and do not necessarily speak English.
– Experts have expertise or specific experience in one of these fields:
- Media, Information and Communication Technology and Innovation
- Environment and Climate Change
- Cultures and Histories in ASEAN countries
The nominated expert will be notified about your recommendation via email and invited to join Women Make the News – Thailand by uploading her full professional details online here: www.wmnthailand.org/formThe database Women Make the News – THAILAND will be accessible online in March 2017 here: www.wmnthailand.org.
Thank you for your contribution!